JetBrains has released its most up-to-date PHPStorm version 5.0 recently, key new features includes:
- Improved variable type detection
- Transparently recognises PHAR-packaged code
- Shows more potential flaws in editor (example: conversion to string for objects without __toString() method)
- New MVC view for Symfony2 and Yii frameworks
- Build-in Symfony2 compliant code formatting
- Coding standard check with Symfony2
- Database supports:
- Live database schema refactoring (rename table/column, drop table/column, new table/column + DDL export)
- Generation of schema migration scripts
- Export query result to file or clipboard as CSV, TSV, HTML, SQL INSERTs, or SQL UPDATEs
- Editing of stored procedures
- Improved SQL completion, and other enhancements
I won’t be beneficial from all the new features but it is certainly worth the upgrade.
Visit what’s new on JetBrains website for more details.